he week is coming to an end, and Microsoft is capping things off with a new Windows 10 preview release for Slow ring Insiders. The latest release brings the Slow ring up to build number 18362, which only includes a couple of fixes and known issues.
What’s interesting about this build is that it’s currently live on both the Slow and Fast rings. This usually only happens when an update has reached an RTM milestone, which could signal that Windows 10 update 19H1 could be very close to completion. Of course, that could always change if any major bugs make themselves known.
Here’s a recap of what’s new in 18362.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.
- We fixed the issue with Microsoft Store app updates not automatically installing.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.